Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl (from Rumbi's Island Grill)


This is a twist on the traditional stir fry. I used broccoli and carrots and it was delicious. Rather than serving the vegetables and chicken separately, I stirred them together with the Teriyaki and garlic sauce. I also chopped the chicken before I cooked it.

Ingredients:
1 cup rice (brown or white) prepared
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast approx. 4 ounces
3/4 cup chopped vegetables (carrots, broccoli, zucchini, celery - or your favorites)
1 teaspoon sesame oil (I used olive oil and it was delicious)
1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce (find this by the soy sauce)
Chili garlic sauce (also by the Asian foods: it is red and in a small jar. I used aprox 2 T.)
Method:
Cook rice according to package directions and keep warm.
Grill chicken breast (about 8-10 minutes in a grill pan or skillet). Or bake in oven (350° for about 45 minutes)
Pour sesame oil in hot wok or skillet and sauté vegetables for about 3 minutes.
Mix teriyaki sauce and a few drops of chili garlic sauce together (I wasn't sure what this meant, so I tried about 2 T., it is spicy, so be sure to taste it before you go nuts) . Chop chicken breast into slices and pour teriyaki sauce over chicken. Place rice in the bottom of a large bowl. Put sautéed vegetables over rice. Top off bowl with seasoned chicken.
Deven Moreno - Director of Operations/Rumbi Island Grill

No comments: