Monday, March 23, 2009

Honey Wheat Bread

I am not an amazing bread maker. However, I was very impressed by how this turned out. It wasn't too heavy or dry, and even Patrick, a recovering Wonder Bread eater said it was good.

(from allrecipes.com)

2 c. warm water
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. yeast
1 t. salt
1/3 c. honey
1/3 c. vegetable oil
5 c. white flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey and stir well. Mix in whole wheat flour, salt and oil. Work white flour in gradually. Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 15 min (I just used the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid). When dough is smooth and elastic, place it in a well oiled bolw and let raise until doubled. Punch down dough, separate into two loaves, place in greased bread pans and allow to raise until 1 inch above pan.

Bake at 375 for 25-30 min.

1 comment:

Amy + Justin said...

I used to always make this recipe...it is delish.