Monday, March 30, 2009

Corn Bread

Here is a fabulous recipe for corn bread. It is slightly sweet, which I appreciate. David ate 1/2 the pan by himself.

1 1/2 cups cornmeal
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar (my own addition..I thought it was tasty)
2 eggs
1/2 cup veggie oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil. I beat for about 5 minutes to make it light. Pour batter into a 9x13 greased pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

1 comment:

This Idaho Girl said...

I've also seen actual corn added to cornbread. Wonder how it would work for this recipe.