Thursday, September 25, 2008

Best Mac and Cheese Ever

From MB

1 bag macaroni
1 small onion
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons butter
2-3 cups cheese (of your choice)
2 cups milk

Cook onion and butter together. Add ground mustard, flour and salt/pepper and combine well. Then add milk, simmering until thick. Take off heat and add cheese until smooth. Pour delicious cheesy sauce over cooked macaroni noodles in a casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbling. I am not sure exactly how much cheese I used. Probably about 1/4 cup parmesan. 1 cup sharp cheddar. 1 cup colby jack. I like my mac and cheese really sharp..and it was. I also added just a bit more milk to thin it up. I put those real bacon bits (the ones from sams club) on top before baking. I know this recipe doesn't sound much different than the one we already use, but it tasted much different. It was more creamy and had a nice bit to it. The bacon also added nice pizazz to it. Hope you enjoy. HEARTS AND BUBBLES.

No comments: