Friday, January 18, 2013

Spicy Honey Chicken

Another recipe from Our Best Bites that I liked.  Here is the original.

My version with modifications below:


Spicy Honey Chicken
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
 2 t canola oil
Rub
2 t granulated garlic
2 t chili powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t coriander
1 t kosher salt
1 t cumin
1/2 t chipotle chili powder
Combine spices and oil in a large ziplock bag. Deposit chicken breasts and toss to coat.  Let sit for 10 min to allow flavors time to blend.  Grill chicken is cooked and juices run clear.  (I utilized my George Foreman.  Bless that man.)
  
Glaze
1/2 C Honey
1T Cider Vinegar
Instructions:
Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.

While chicken is cooking, warm honey in the microwave so it’s not so thick. Add the vinegar and combine well. Reserve 2T honey glaze for later. Take the rest and brush on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling.


2 comments:

BeckyB.West said...

I have had this a couple of times and it is so yummy! It's also simple, which is a must if I am the one preparing the dish.

BeckyB.West said...

P.S. I'd be curious to hear what side dish you serve with all of your main meals. Suggestions?