Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grilled Mongolian Pork Chops


Sorry about the picture.  NO matter what I tried, Blogger flipped it sideways.

So these are delicious.  The original recipe found here , includes a sauce to top it with.  I did not make the sauce.  I think this marinade would also be amazing on steak or chicken, but especially steak.  I served with some sweet potatoes I diced and cooked on the grill and string beans.

1/2 c. hoisin sauce (not gluten free)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 T soy sauce
1 T fresh grated ginger
1 T red wine vinegar
1 T rice vinegar
2 t. olive oil
2 t. white sugar
1-1/2 t. Hot sauce (I used less)

Combine all ingredients and whisk together.  Place pork chops and marinade in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.  Cook pork chops on a grill preheated to high.  Cook until brown grill marks appear then remove from heat and continue to cook over medium heat, brushing with marinade until no longer pink.  About 145 degrees.

No comments: