Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Tacos

This is entirely different from any chicken taco I've sampled but oh, so delicious.  This is also from my friend Melissa (Her recipe blog is linked on the right).  The only change I made was adding lime juice.


1 garlic clove, minced


1/2 tsp. salt


1 Tbsp. oil, vegetable or canola


4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.

Pinch of pepper


1/2 tsp. ground cumin

1/4 lime, squeezed

1 onion, chopped


2 (10 oz.) cans Rotel tomatoes (one can drained, one undrained)


grated cheese
Corn Tortillas


shredded lettuce


Sour Cream

Guacamole (recipe below)



 Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic  and salt. Cook unitl onion is tender. Add tomatoes, lime juice, pepper and cumin. Stir in chicken. Cook uncovered, sitrring occasionally until liquid is obsorbed into meat. Taste and add more salt and cumin if needed.  Serve on corn tortillas.

A hint about corn tortillas:  heat them on a skillet until pliable.  I found that if I add a little oil to the skillet, they are much better to eat.  

I did think these would be excellent with black beans.

1 comment:

Troy Westerberg said...

Up until now, I've been cooking for one so I had the entree section of the freezer aisle memorized. It might be fun to start cooking again since there's somebody to do it with now.

Most of your recipes look easy and tasty. Would you do me a favor and mention how many servings you got out of the recipe so I'm not making huge quantities of food?