Friday, October 3, 2008

Enchilada Casserole

Tonight's Dinner

1 lb ground beef
Corn tortillas (it's very important that you use corn, not flour).
1 T chili powder
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 diced onion
1 can enchilada sauce (10 oz)
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
2 c. grated cheese of your choice

Brown onions, add ground beef until cooked. Next add kidney beans, chili powder, grlic, corn, enchilada and tomato sauce. Spray a 9X11 pan, cover bottom layer in corn torillas. Add a layer of ground beef mixture, then cheese, then tortillas, etc. Continue layering unil pan is full. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 min (Uncover the last 10 min). Serve with sour cream if desired.

2 comments:

Amy + Justin said...

I tried the balsamic chicken tonight and it was very delicious-and easy (I added pine nuts, yum). hearts for great recipes!

Troy Westerberg said...

Mmmn, I used to make this. It's quite healthy with low-fat beef and cheese. I usually add some no-fat sour cream at the table. I always thought the kidney beans were a nice touch - but that was when refrieds were heart-attacks in a can - which they no longer are.

I have a break coming up. I'll revisit this one.